Footprints in the Sand
from FPF-fwd.: Jim Kirwan -
''A nation that says it's a true partner looking for "a genuine partner in peace" does not hold the elected government hostage of the nation that it supposedly wants to negotiate with. Unless of course it plans on stealing what it cannot get through negotiation.''
The issue before the world at the moment consists of what‚s taking place in the sands of the Middle-East. But to understand the events now unfolding there, one must look carefully at what all sides are saying and doing, as well as at those key questions that are never asked! Bush says he wants to address the root-causes of the violence, and he is right to demand answers. What follows will look at some of the unexplored facts beneath the unexploded shells, and beyond the flashpoints of simplistic reasons and distorted facts.
There are supposedly many myths surrounding the mysteries of the Middle East, but most of that is because few people chose to read the histories, or to follow the money trails that have criss-crossed the deserts of that region for many thousands of years. What the world is focused on now is another distraction. Israel is a State-Within-a-State, and is operating for both itself and for the deeper interests of the United States of America. When this question of a ''State-Within-a-State'' comes up, it should be seen for what it really is - in every place where this deceptive concept truly is. These wars are not about the pseudo oversimplified equations they describe. These Wars are about the dogmatism of fascist control, versus freedom of thought and action; for those who will end up leaving their footprints and only their footprints in the sands of the entire Middle East!
PALESTINE: THE FIFTY-EIGHT YEAR WAR FOR INDEPENDENCE.
This war began in 1948 when Israel proclaimed itself a state: A newly minted sovereign state that claimed the right-of-existence, upon what had been the land of Palestine. While this effort was traceable back to the colonial days of the Brits in 1901 - this post WWII stance was without parallel in modern times. Much was made of the Zionist movement as something that differs from being Jewish or Semitic. But today there is a fifty-eight year history to study, if one wants real answers to the inevitable questions that arise.
People who live in the current state of Israel are different than most people elsewhere, in that Israeli‚s must serve in the armed forces of Israel, as part of their citizenship. As citizen-soldiers the average citizen of Israel is probably extremely familiar, first hand, with the policies and practices of their government: especially as this regards the treatment of the Palestinians! This understanding of each conflict, and each settlement of the issues raised, gives the population of Israel an intimate understanding of what is being done by their government to the occupied people of Palestine that Israel has ruled with bloody fists, since at least 1948. Whenever anyone says that the population of Israel does not necessarily support their government‚s actions, please remember the context.
Just as in the USA - where not everyone agrees with Cheney-Bush - people must still bear responsibility for whatever is done in our names ˆ whether it‚s Israel or the USA!
TODAY, ISRAEL STILL HOLDS ROUGHLY 11,000 HOSTAGES
AND THAT FIGURE INCLUDES MANY IN THE NEWLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT OF PALESTINE.
A nation that says it‚s a true partner looking for ''a genuine partner in peace'' does not hold the elected government hostage of the nation that it supposedly wants to negotiate with. Unless of course it plans on stealing what it cannot get through negotiation.
To grasp what has happened in so many countries in the Middle-East one must understand that this entire conflict is not between equals. The issues are between awesome military power and the vast resources that belong to less-than-capitalistic people, who simply want to be left alone on their ancestral lands, to pursue their own religions, and to practice their own views of love and life. The West has had a problem with this idea since the Crusades: And the West fought five wars to change all this, and lost on every occasion. Now Cheney-Bush have come to bring the next Crusade to the Middle-East and to the wider world.
This is not about religion or 'terror' - this is about a war by the filthy-rich to dominate the remaining and impoverished peoples on the planet. One side has the lawyers, the money, and the political influence, the other side has history, morality, and conscience embedded in their plight. The poor also have personal determination along with right to be free from the Western bandits and murders that seek to steal their ancestral lands, along with their lives, and the lives of those they love. That is what‚s at issue, and that is what has been preventing Israel from finishing the destruction of an entire people and their former state - until this very moment.
The war between Palestine and Israel has been on-going for so long, that most Americans think that this has lasted for thousands of years. In reality, this only dates to the colonial designs of the British in 1901. After WWII however a new phase of power became known in the region: this calls itself the New World Order. It was their idea to cast the Middle-East in the role of ''Terrorists'' - and then to pin that fabrication on the world, with the inside job on 911.* That this could be blamed on something created by Richard Clark, former counter-terrorism chief under Clinton is bizarre. The 'something' was ''Al Qaeda'' - an organization created by the CIA that functioned as a US intelligence asset right up until 911 - when it suddenly became The-Enemy of all that is 'holy' to American values. How convenient this was for those who wanted an immediate target for what Cheney-Bush labeled as ''an act of war.'' If 911 was an act of WAR, then why was Bush not whisked away from the classroom in Florida, when the buildings began to fall? As president of a nation ''under attack,'' he was supposed to have been immediately surrounded, and taken to a secure location: but none of that happened - and Bush still won‚t account for his time on that fateful day! However, the 'Terrorism' cover is still in place and goes a long way toward shielding the banditry, the secrecy, the spying, and the murder in so many other countries now.
IRAQ, THE TAR-BABY OF UNFINISHED-BUSINESS
How did Iraq get into this equation? This was another satellite dictatorship created by Poppy Bush and his predecessors to manage things in the Middle East. The other end of this proposition was the drug trade of Manuel Noriega in Panama that Poppy put an end to. The US supplied Saddam Hussein with everything, right up to nuclear weapons, and basically ran his show, from the gassing of the Kurds to the wars upon Iran. All the while the first Bush administration knew that we had given Saddam whatever he needed to create Weapons of Mass Destruction - which is why the world thought for certain that Saddam still had them. Yet most forgot the 24-7 bombing campaign between 1991 and the start of Gulf War Two (12 years), that devastated Iraq‚s weapons systems and defenses. So by the time junior was playing John Wayne with Saddam, there was nothing left to ''get,'' except the Tar-Baby of Iraq. And Bush and Rummy and Cheney all fell straight into that trap - and the rest is history!
Today, with more than a hundred civilians dying every day in Iraq, and total confusion ruling virtually everywhere in that country, Bush still refuses to alter course. Some ''leaders'' have proven stubborn, but Bush‚s continued political belligerency is insanity, by whatever name he may choose to call it. First he claimed: ''Iraq is the Front Line in the War on Terror.'' Then yesterday he denied he had ever said that (1). Bush cannot have that both ways - but he did manage to create a new five million man army of opposition to his policies in the Middle East. How clever to first unite the existing enemies of the United States, inside Iraq and Iran - then add to their numbers with an additional five million man army! After all Bush did promise the world that he is The-Great-Uniter! It will be very interesting to see how Bush & Cheney get away from this Tar-Baby they created - especially given that Bush has now sworn that as long as he‚s president ''the US will never withdraw from Iraq!''
LEBANON: THE RELUCTANT BUT CONTINUING VICTIM.
War upon war upon war with Israel, and all of that magically disappears when this latest round of attacks is begun. Yet another border skirmish and this one (according to Lebanon), entered into to provoke a prisoner exchange with Israel, for the thousands of their own people that Israel continues to hold. No such luck there! In Israel‚s view, this was an attack upon the nation of Israel. A war: (perpetrated by a patrol, against an Israeli patrol) in a disputed area within Lebanon. Yet all hell was unleashed against an entire people, their country, their infrastructures and their continued existence in order to obliterate any Arab footprints in that multi-national nation that has had its roots in the Arab world for millennia. Meanwhile the whole world just stood there and watched in horror - until finally the UN did what they should have done within the first 24 hours.
Ah - but this was Israel, protected by the might of the US government as well as being the darling of the world‚s richest power-brokers, and the bane of the existence of every Arab in the region! So the world watched while Lebanon was bombed back to the turn of the 19th century. And within a week of that anemic ''Cease Fire,'' Israel was back at it again sending helicopter‚s full of troops into the Becca Valley to supposedly break up an arms shipment from Syria to Hezbollah. Why did Israel not inform the UN, if they thought that the Cease-Fire was being violated? Why did they immediately begin over-flights of Tripoli and Bruit, violating the supposedly sovereign air space of Lebanon? Because they are Israel ˆ they are the chosen people, and they are immune to any of the laws that govern all the rest of us. Just look at the horrendous list of the number of UN Resolutions that they have ignored in the last fifty-eight years. If Israel can demand that her enemies abide by the terms of UN Resolutions, how can Israel continue to ignore those resolutions when they apply to her? There is a degree of special treatment here that is unconscionable, and until this inequality is corrected by the global community, there will never be peace in the Middle-East.
[FPF: A list of UN Resolutions against "Israel" - Url.: http://www.uscrusade.com/forum/config.pl/noframes/read/1372]
For Israel to have demanded that Lebanon give them a section of their country, to protect Israel (when it was Israel that is the aggressor state), and at the same time to demand of the UN that Hezbollah be disarmed: When Hezbollah is the only thing between Lebanon and complete desecration by Israel - is an outrage that the world should not tolerate! This is a case where that State-Within-a-State garbage is just that, ''garbage.'' Modern Warfare has moved on from fixed state ideas of combat and aggression to guerilla warfare, precisely because of the huge imbalances in money and weapons! If the former ''powers-that-were'' can‚t handle that, then they won‚t survive in the world of the 21st century!
IRAN: THE STATE THAT REFUSED 'DEMOCRACY'
Bush keeps trying to sell the idea that every nation in the Middle East is in need of ''Democracy.'' That would be his form of that ideal. Iran had a long a troubled past but was spared democracies and elections until the CIA installed The Shah to rule over that country. (2) Under that ''State-Within-a-State'' the USA was able to set up and train SAVAK, the secret police, to control that which might be problematic, so that on the surface Iran had the face of a Western nation complete with all the toys and weapons suitable to an American dictatorship. But then clouds began to darken the horizon, and soon the return of the Ayatollah became a reality: and US interests were again threatened. This brought the attack on the US Embassy and the 444 days of captured American hostages, shown every night on the evening news. This was finally ended by GWH Bush when he acted as mediator for candidate Ronald Reagan, who promised to end the stand-off, once he was elected - which Reagan did!
However, thanks to Poppy‚s intercession, at this key moment, some new alliances were formed that led directly to the Arms for Hostages deal. And that in turn became the Iran-Contra Affair that produced many of today‚s criminal-actors - resurrected by this administration.(3) Given this, Iran has had quite enough of American 'democracy' and what that might again bring to their nation. Iran is a prosperous and productive country with no need for further American corruptions.
BUT THAT‚S NOT WHAT THE NEW WORLD ORDER HAS PLANNED FOR IRAN.
No, Iran needs to be brought into line and crushed - again! This is especially true because Iran has underwritten Hezbollah, in the fight with Israel, and this widens the effects of the wars that the US and Israel are tying desperately to confine. Moreover, Hezbollah grew out of the needs of the Arab world to protect themselves from Israel and the United States, and since no state could stand against that State-within-a-State tyranny that Israel represents to her neighbors, as an unofficial part of the USA - it was left to Hezbollah to do this thankless task, on behalf of the voiceless and faceless populations of Lebanon and by extension in concert with Hamas in Palestine. According to the New World Order: ''Footprints in the Sands'' of Lebanon cannot be tolerated by either the US or Israel on this point.
SYRIA: THE RELUCTANT ALLY AND THE FREE AGENT
Syria was the one ally in the Middle-East that gave massive assistance to the Bush administration right after 911, in trying to pin down and identify those extremists that might have had some hand in related events surrounding 911. As thanks for their help, the Cheney-Bush forces added them to the fringes of the Axis of Evil, because Syria was not willing to be conquered by the New World Order. Strangely, Syria insisted on remaining the country she had always been, independent and separate with rights to the land she was contesting that Israel claims as part of Israel. In every instance in the Middle-East today the aggressor has always been Israel, and the victims have always been the other Arab states - yet the party-line from the administration here has always tried to present exactly the opposite point of view - to eliminate even the remote possibility of leaving any Arab (or Semitic)* footprints in that once traditional Arab world.
WHERE DOES ALL THIS DUSTY BLOOD-STAINED HISTORY LEAVE US?
It leaves a lot of questions that still need answers, but most of all it points out that Israel does not possess an unchallenged right to anything that she says she wants. Israel is a state that does not conform to the norms of those other states that are part of the community of nations, and if the world doesn‚t do something to eliminate this two-tiered system where the US and Israel live by one set of rules and everyone else has a different set of values - then there will be nothing more than 'Lots More War' just as Rummy and Cheney and Bush and Sharon all forecast.
It‚s interesting to note that footprints seldom remain for long in the sand - anywhere: except when they are covered by the volcanic ash of chaos!
ARE WE WILLING TO BRING ON THE END OF THIS WORLD, JUST TO PACIFY THE WHIMS OF A COUPLE OF CORRUPTED MINI-EMPIRES THAT ARE BOTH DESPERATELY IN NEED OF A REAL REGIME-CHANGE?
1) Bush Now Says What He Wouldn‚t Say Before War: Iraq Had ''Nothing'' To Do with 9/11 - Url.: http://www.uruknet.com/?colonna=m&p=25966&l=e&size=1&hd=0
2) Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi - Url.:
3) The Iran-Contra Affair - Url.: http://www.factmonster.com/ce6/history/A0825447.html
4) The Decline & Fall of American Empire by Gore Vidal - Url.:
FPF-fwd.: "Jim Kirwan"
The US and the 'West' sold to Saddam Hussein - their ally - Weapons of
Mass destruction to gas people too - Url.: http://dc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/135318/index.php
* DEFINITION OF SEMITES from the Collins English Dictionary - [ http://tinyurl.com/zj9y4] - "Semitic: a member of the group of Caucasoid people who speak a Semitic language, including the Jews and Arabs as well as the Ancient Babylonians (Iraqis), the Assyrians (Syria), and the Phoenicians (the Lebanese of today). Semitic: a branch or sub-family of languages that includes Arabic, Aramaic, Hebrew.” - Palestinians and Lebanese for instance are semites. The JDL cliché: "anti semitism' has always been a fake accusation, abused to kill debates too in the past. Not anymore. What the US/Israeli war machine is doing is anti semitism on a global scale.
* DEFENDING ISRAELI GENOCIDES: ''DURING TIME OF WAR, ENEMY HAS NO INNOCENTS.'' - the Israeli 'Yesha Rabbinical Council' announced in response to an IDF war crime in Kfar Qanna that killed 54 Lebanese civilians, including 37 children. - [ http://tinyurl.com/rsw33] - "According to Jewish law, during a time of battle and war, there is no such term as 'innocents' of the enemy. - All of the discussions on Christian morality are weakening the spirit of the army and the nation and are costing us in the blood of our soldiers and civilians." the statement said. (Efrat Weiss) - Url.: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3283720,00.html
* ISRAELI WRITER URI AVNERY - JUNKIES OF WAR - Israel is conquering South Lebanon as flies conquer fly-paper - Indymedia Beirut/Lebanon - Url.: http://www.avnery-news.co.il/english/index.html
* NEWS FROM INDYMEDIA in LEBANON - BEIRUT - Url.: http://beirut.indymedia.org/en/
* PREPARING THE GENOCIDE FOR 'ERETZ ISRAEL' - 'A Clean Break: Strategy for Securing the Realm' - The new Israeli ''Pentagon Papers'' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/zksqh
* US/ISRAELI GENOCIDE NEWS: ''MORE TIME TO BOMB'' - ESSENTIAL 6 MINUTE VIDEO - We defy anyone to watch this 6 minute video, entitled MORE TIME TO BOMB, and not be enraged at the scale of Israel's atrocities in Lebanon and Gaza which 'they' are holocausting. - 6 minute video - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/k8mm5
* "THE ISRAELITE PEOPLE OF THE ENTIRE WORLD DECLARE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL WAR ON GERMANY" - 24 MARCH 1933 - On the front page of the London Daily Express appeared the main headline: "JUDAEA DECLARES WAR ON GERMANY: JEWS OF ALL THE WORLD UNITE" - Url.: http://www.heretical.com/mkilliam/wwii.html
* MARCH 1933 - by the way - also was the month this same group in London knew about their 'Brethren in the jewish Faith' which were holocausting up to ten million people in Ukraine. Via the Sovjet Union, where they were in power too. In their Sovjet 'Gulag system' around 40 million human beings were killed. The New York Times Moscow 'correspondent' Walter Duranty even got a Pulitzer prize - dispensed by the same people - for his slander and inhuman silence, denying this holocaust. - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/eqkgq
* REVENGE: THE MORGENTHAU HOLOCAUST PLAN - After the second WW Germany was holocausted by the 'Allies'. One of the 'London War Lords' - Morgenthau - presented his 'plan' together with US Gen. Eisenhower (Eisenhauer) and prescribed a dismantling and starvation treatment for Germany ''that would be good and hard." - There were protests against "this addlepated (stupid and confused) ... brutal and vicious Morgenthau Plan." which killed millions. Children, women and men again. - Url.: http://dc.indymedia.org/mod/comments/display/90027/index.php
* RELATED: BACKGROUND LINKS TO THOSE RESPONSIBLE - If after checking a factual error is found, pls. send an email so it can be corrected. - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/fhln9
* The Dutch author this far has worked abroad for more than 4 decades for international media as an independent foreign correspondent, of which 10 years - also during Gulf War I - in the Arab World and the Middle East. Having practical experience of coups and the obscenity of war: seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more terrorism!
* FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars