Hanging Saddam Hussein: The crows join the lynching
from FPF-fwd. Gabriele Zamparini -
The illegal US junta's invasion of Iraq and the following genocide: "This supreme international crime started on 20 March 2003 and it’s still being committed. Iraq is an occupied country without sovereignty where terrorists and mass murderers compose its quisling sectarian government."
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - There is a sinister caw in the air. Important journalists, liberal commentators, leftist activists, Middle East experts, influential intellectuals, professionals of the antiwar movement with their progressive think tanks and peace networks are now discussing the hanging of Saddam Hussein when nothing had written or said before this vile assassination and often contributed to the lynching through a campaign of misinformation and propaganda.
Who remembers now how all this started? The rotten lies of Tony Blair’s “45 minutes” and Condoleezza Rice’s “mushroom cloud” have been used to justify the supreme international crime, the invasion and occupation of Iraq, a defenseless country that had never attacked the United States, that did not have any weapons of mass destruction, that did not have any ties to al-Qaida, that had no connection to the September 11 attacks...
ABOUT ONE MILLION IRAQIS HAVE BEEN SLAUGHTERED, MANY MORE MILLIONS DISPLACED AND A CIVIL WAR ORCHESTRATED. FINALLY SADDAM HUSSEIN, PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRAQ, WAS ASSASSINATED.
Former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan called the invasion of Iraq “an illegal act that contravened the UN charter”; the Nuremberg trials of major Nazi war criminals had already called this crime the “supreme international crime”. This supreme international crime started on 20 March 2003 and it’s still being committed. Iraq is an occupied country without sovereignty where terrorists and mass murderers compose its quisling sectarian government. Since 20 March 2003 everything happening in and around Iraq is outside international law and the effects of this persisting illegality is the apocalypse before our eyes.
NOW LET’S GO BACK TO THE ASSASSINATION OF THE LEGITIMATE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRAQ.
Instead of pointing out the barbarity of this umpteenth crime and calling for the restoration of international law and the punishment of its perpetrators, the crows add their caw to the hyenas and vultures of the lynching mob and discuss the alleged crimes of the victim. ZNet, the fleet admiral of the Imperial antiwar movement information network, published several pieces on the death of Saddam Hussein. All these pieces had the same point of view. In “TALKING POINTS ON THE EXECUTION OF SADDAM HUSSEIN”, Phyllis Bennis, one of the most prominent voices of the American anti-war movement, writes:
With U.S. officials still running the legal show in Baghdad, the U.S. military occupation still in control of the country, and the escalating war engulfing Iraq, no trial held under these conditions can be considered legitimate.
2) Some ask "if the trial had been fair, would the results have been different?" The conviction of Saddam Hussein for huge crimes against the Iraqi people would almost certainly be the same.
Bennis’ words [“The conviction of Saddam Hussein for huge crimes against the Iraqi people would almost certainly be the same”] simply repudiate several hundred years of civilization. The use of the word “execution” to describe what really happened, the lynching of the legitimate president of Iraq, together with focusing her essay on the alleged crimes of the victim instead of the ‘supreme international crime’ of the aggressors, deliberately blind the readers and move their attention to more comfortable and safe sites."
[end quote] - You can read the rest here at Url.: http://tinyurl.com/yku4n6
FPF - Related:
* Hussein Execution Enrages Some | Journalist Deaths - Url.: http://electronicIraq.net
* "Human Rights Watch" [ http://tinyurl.com/ygpvxb] is like many others not what it seems to be but a lightning rod for the people trying to understand what the killers are up to.
* "Hanging Saddam is inhuman and illegal - Who's next?" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/ydvure
* HR this far has lived and worked abroad - never in an English speaking country - for more than 4 decades for international media as an independent foreign correspondent, of which 10 years - also during Gulf War I - in the Arab World and the Middle East. Seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more terrorism!
* FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars